Friday, August 6, 2010

The grass is always greener

  For those of you who have known me for a long time, know how much I hate my hair, I have struggled and fought and fought and struggled with it pretty much since I can remember. I have tried every hair product, every technique, every chemical, every concoction known to any hairdresser, friend, relative or mankind for that matter.  Most people tell me I am so lucky and they would kill for my hair.  When was the last time you saw any model ( besides the late 80's early 90's -the one and only time my hair will ever  be in style), one TV host, one movie star, that has natural curly hair like mine.  Here let me answer that for you,  Z E R O!  The frizz, the body, the frizz, the curl, the frizz, the frizz, the frizz, it's the death of me.  About 5 yrs ago,  I was able to find, through a friend, a hair dresser that had natural curly hair.  She has helped me find some product and a cut and  how to deal with this mess of hair.  She has been a god send and for once in my life I actually started liking my hair. Until now! 
The old saying of the grass is always greener on the other side has often been explored in my life and most of the time I come back to the conclusion of actually no, the grass ISN'T always greener on the other side. Oh wait....shut the front door! On this hill, the grass IS greener on the other side. So green it has been a life changing experience.  So much I am blogging about it.  Enter Brazilian Blowout!  No this has nothing to do with my bikini line.  It is a super charge condition treatment that works almost like a straightner, but with NO chemicals.  This is a picture of my hair, when it was wet so really all you see is the curl, which I have come to be okay with.
OK so now, are you ready........ the second picture is my hair (not a mannequin as Kate asked) after the "Brazilian Blowout". This is JUST blown dry with fingers. No pulling it start with a paddle brush and blow drying the heck out of it, no flat iron, no smoothing cream - noda! 

Can you believe it?  30 years and I finally have flat straight hair!  I know most of you are rolling your eyes but seriously, this hill is greener on the other side for this chick!  THE CHICK WITH STRAIGHT HAIR!  I'm just saying............



2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING! I have a funky wave to my hair, I wonder if it would work well with mine?
    I do love how you do your hair. I love curl, but that's because I don't have any.
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete