Tuesday, August 24, 2010

11 years and counting

I have said before that my husband is not big on "dates".  Just because Valentines Day falls on a Wednesday doesn't mean you have to actually celebrate it on that day. And I have said before how I am the opposite. If Valentines Day is on Wednesday than yes you have to celebrate it on that day. Well he won this battle, I gave up about a year ago, maybe longer I can't remember. Trying to block it out.  Saturday was our 11 year anniversary and we spent it with our kids camping.  Partly circumstantial - it was the last weekend before school starts and partly accidental, we had gone to California the week before and spent a few days alone.
So it was not that big of deal that "Saturday" was the actual "date" of our anniversary. See I am learning to let go of the little things (Ashlie).  Anyhow I got to thinking that it is kinda a big deal!  11 years is a long time to be married to someone and not kill them. Believe me it goes both ways, shocking I know, right?! So in honor our 11 years (and 3 day) anniversary I have 11 things I remember about our wedding day. 

1.  The whole week prior had been record lows in Sacramento, perfect! 
Wrong!  103 degrees the day of wedding
2. Jake and his brother were in 3 piece tuxedos - sweating there guts out!
3. We have no pictures without sweat pouring down both of our faces
4. I was hungry - hadn't eaten all day. On the way to the wedding,
went through Taco Bell drive through - Bean Burrito - what was I thinking!
5. While going through the drive through, I was so hot I was in the back seat, dress pulled up
and  had the air vent blowing cold air!
6.  Jake kept our wedding night a secret - we stayed in a B&B in downtown Sac
7. I can't remember what we had to eat!
8. I said "I do" before it was time to say it - pretty anxious I guess!
9. Jake couldn't get my ring on because it was so hot and my fingers were swollen
10. All my friends and family were there to support us
11. Thinking over and over "Oh my gosh, I am marrying Jake Jones"
(we have known each other since 6th grade)

Good thing I married Jake Jones!  Things haven't always been easy and we have had our share of trials but we have a great life and are happy to have each other!  Love ya Jakey!

1 comment:

  1. you gotta love that guy!! Sand camping on your 11th anniversary...ahhh...!! In all seriousiness, it was SUPER fun!!! Happy anniversary..I remember your hot wedding day very well...doesn't seem like 11 years ago though! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete