Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farmer for a day


Okay maybe for an hour. Okay maybe not a farmer, just a picker!!  Last year I ventured into freezing fruit and juicing and all sorts of food storage stuff.  It was a pretty big step for me and in turned out fabulous!  So this year we are going bigger and better.  I only got one box of peaches last year - about 10 pounds. I was hoping they would last me all winter, you know have a little fresh fruit over the winter.  No way, 3 weeks - gone.  So we are doing 10 times that this year, well okay maybe not 10 times but at least 5 times.  Today my friend took my sister Ashlie and I out to the church orchards. 
We took our kids with us and had a good ol' time pickin peaches!  It was so fun and there were a lot of peaches! We went to pay for them and saw this lady with some apples and we asked where those were. She said they were down the hill and that they were FREE!  Oh yeah my price point for apples.  So we went and picked some apples.  I am so excited I can't wait for some peach pie and applesauce, not together though!


3 comments:

  1. I tried to tell mom the story about the drive up there and I was laughing so hard I could hardly talk! I keep seeing your kids bumping around in their seats! hahahaha!! that was a fun time!! thanks for taking me...coop loves the apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmm who are you two? Idaho has taken over your bodies! I'm telling mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! jamie you c-r-a-c-k me up!! you need to come and live here. it is super fun!! we miss you and your kids soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete