Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Colester!

Cole is a different child than the rest of the clan.  He came from a totally different mold. Which is odd in the Jones family because it is a very strong gene pool and most of the cousins look like they all could belong to one set of parents.  I could take 3 of my nieces and nephews all from different parents and no one would know that they aren't mine.  And the weird thing, it doesn't really matter what the "non Jones" spouse looks like, that Jones gene is dominant.  But than there is Cole. He is the only one that looks like he is actually my kid!  He is his own little self and while all of my kids are different, Cole stands out the most in this crowd. He has so many little quirks that are both maddening, funny, and sweet all at the same time.  He is the one child (although Kennedy might surpass him pretty soon) that constantly keeps me on my toes, constantly tries my nerves, constantly wants to be with me, and constantly challenges my every word.  The last couple days he has been especially trying for me and so I decided to try and funnel his energy into something that is an obsession in our family. Music is played in our house a lot. In the car, while we are doing chores, while we play in the backyard.  Cole has taken to a few songs that get played over and over and over. One is "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions (which is usually in the car)and the other is "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.When not blared from the radio, it is from the iPod. Here is a video of him getting his grove on!


 

I am not sure who is funnier, Cole or Kennedy just standing next to him. It is in black and white because Kate was playing with Jake's phone and did something weird to the settings!  He will listen to my iPod for hours and just walk around the house and sing!  It has become one of my "decompressors"  for both of us! 
After a full session of dancing, Cole is worn out and decided to take a nap, behind the couch! This one of kind kid is seriously one the most hilarious kids I know.  Thanks for keeping life interesting and me on my toes! Love ya Coley Boley Guacamoley!

No comments:

Post a Comment