Thursday, September 23, 2010

"The Wedding"

OK people, get ready to fall off your rocker, chair, stool, whatever it is that you are sitting on. This is the wedding of the century, maybe the wedding of all weddings.  Well, it took the cake for me!  By far the biggest and best I have ever seen or been to!  The movie does it little justice but will give you a small glimpse into the fabulous weekend that Jake and I got to take part in. We had a great time and felt lucky to be able to take part in such a wonderful moment for Melissa and Matt!

Jake has 8 siblings, 2 sisters and 6 brothers.  It is his 1st sister Rebecca whose daughter, Melissa, that got married.  She married a pro golfer who is on the PGA tour right now and his name is Matt Jones!  Yeah all the boys think their cool now because they have some relation to a pro golfer!  How funny that her married name is now Jones!  Just a little note on my dress and to give my friend props...my dress was sleeveless. You would have thought I could find something with sleeves, but trust me there isn't a lot to choose from. Anyhow my amazing and talented friend put sleeves on it for me and it is perfect.  Thank you Heather - you rock!

The Invite:


The wedding was just one of the 3 fabulous days. I do a short recap!  We arrived in Yountsville, California which is just a little north of Napa Valley, California. Napa is know for its wineries, but it some of the most beautiful scenery in the whole state.  Rebecca arranged for us to stay at the Bardessono Resort! Wow!  This place was off the hook!  We arrived in our room to a TV and phone that said "Welcome Jacob and Tessa Jones", fresh water (that I was later informed was triple filtered and came from their property!), and full tour and a tutorial of the room!  Friday night was a cocktail party at the hotel, Saturday was the wedding and Sunday was a brunch. I could keep going forever, but I'll spare you! 
Long story short- AMAZING!
Thank you Rebecca, Ron, Melissa and Matt for making an amazing memory for us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment