Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cole loves his bike. We have been talking about taking off the training wheels of Cole's bike for awhile but never did it. It has been VERY rainy here, instead of the beginning of June, it feels like the beginning of October. Rain, rain and more rain. Monday was Memorial Day and we didn't have a lot planned because of the rain. The kids were all out front playing and riding bikes. Jake took off Cole's training wheels and 3 tries later...
HE IS RIDING HIS BIKE!
Way to go Coley! I have never seen his little legs go so fast! He is extremely proud of himself and will tell anyone who is within earshot! As I was watching my little man ride his bike, I started to tear up a bit. Surprise, I know! But since Cole has turned 4 in April (a month and half ago) he has had quite the milestones. All things that we had been prepping him for for sometime and were hoping, pleading, bribing him to do. He now dresses himself including socks and sometimes shoes, makes his bed, does his hair, wipes his cute little butt and now rides a two wheeler. While all these things have significantly eased my life, it has made me realize how quickly my little man is growing up. Which is two fold for me. I love having little kids - although exhausting at times, they still need you. They are dependant on you and you have control over their environment and influences. My older kids (and they aren't that old) are becoming less and less dependant on me. Some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking I have lost my mind. Well that is a given, however..... my influence on their environment is becoming less and less too and that scares me. The school now has more of their time than I do, someone else gets to be with them more than I do and is putting a lot of information into their heads. This all sounds silly and crazy but I am a worry wart and really good at making a mountain out of a mole hill. So while the milestones are fabulous, exciting and sometimes liberating, they always make me realize how fast my monkeys grow.
And you thought this was going to be about Cole riding a bike...........




3645

1 comment: