Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I love my girls!  Even though there is 5 years between these two little princesses, they adore each other.  Kate is constantly dressing Kennedy up and helping her put on shoes or lipstick or fingernail polish. Helping her wrap up her baby and stroller and we can't forget about the purse .  Kennedy follows Kate around and wants to do and have everything that Kate has and does!  I am so happy that they have each other. I am hoping that as they get bigger that their relationship will continue and that the age difference will not separate their love and fondness for each other.  I have two sisters that I didn't like following me around or doing what I was doing.  I was very good at bossing them around and making sure they knew who was in charge (what's changed, uh?)  I don't think that they have very fond memories of me when they were young . We seem to do better as adults, when they listen to me that is!  I just hope for my girls it doesn't take them until adult hood to figure out how sweet a sister relationship is. I can hope right!!  My sisters do not live her and our visit are far and few between , in that absence  I have had the awesome experience of  having girlfriends that I consider to be just as close as sisters!  They have helped me, listened to me, supported me, tolerated me! I also think that not having my sisters her has taught to value that relationship that much more and that I really do need them and want them around!  The older I get (and they will remind me that I am older), I have learned that family really does matter and those precious relationship are so valuable. So here's to all  my sista's!  I love ya, blood or not!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have such great friends up there that you can rely on as sisters. Being far apart is hard but it is worth the effort. I love you and your girls too!! they are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopin' I am one of your sistas! You can always lean on me when you need to... and you've been there for me for 10 1/2 years too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete