Monday, June 21, 2010

FATHERS DAY

It was more like a Father's Day weekend! Jake flew in at 8:30 on Friday night and we flew off (well drove) at 9:30 - who leaves town at 9:30 at night - uh.... yeah we did! Loaded with 5, yes count them 1 - 2 - 3 - 4- 5 four wheelers, enough food for 3 days and lots of bug spray, we were headed to the Weiser Sand dunes. On Jake's many trips to and from Washington/Oregon, he sees these dunes from the freeway and salivates. We have a new craze in our family and it involves SAND and QUADS. Jake came home with a mini quad last camping trip and than two more little ones 2 weeks later. We went with 2 other families in our ward and had so much fun. Yes you read it right, I actually had fun camping. I only sweep 16 times, I showed some restraint. Of course I did not bring my camera (or a pair of shoes for Kennedy) so I don't actually have proof of the above, but my friend Pam did so I will have to get the pictures from her and post them.

Sunday was spent lazily on the couch - uh well Jake's Sunday was! The kids got him a rip stick and we had to try it out first thing. Jake picked it up pretty well, Ky tried a few times and the rest of just sat and laughed, too chicken to try!



After a gourmet breakfast, Jake got his nap and the kids and I headed to Grandma and Grandpas for a bit. Jake loves to take naps and hardly ever gets to take them, so one day a year, I guess I can let it slide! We came home to fix another meal - Rib eyes in the back yard! Until it started raining! Than the rib eyes got moved in doors, but they were still de- lish!
We love our dad and are so happy he is ours (not many others could stand him! he he just kidding) Thanks for being such a great dad and husband! We love you Jakey!

No comments:

Post a Comment