Saturday, August 27, 2011

1st Day




1st day of school for 3 of the 4!
  And the 4th was not happy that it wasn't her day too! We rolled into Amity Elementary (literally!) backpacks packed with supplies, shiny new kicks and a mom holding back the tears.  Kyle is an upper class man in the 5th grade, Kate is in the middle, as always, in the 3rd grade and Mr. Coley takes the plunge into kindergarten.  I think I was more upset about him being in a wheelchair than I was about him "starting kindergarten".  But the chair proved to be quite a spectacle and a good topic of conversation! A long and emotional week has come to an end and I think everyone weathered the storm pretty well.  Next week , as reality sets in, or as the kids say, homework starts, Cole will venture to class without me by his side.

He will probably be just fine,

 I wonder how I will do.......

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, kate looks like a teenager! super cute! freeeeeeddddddoooommmmm!!! (well as soon as little sissy starts!)

    ReplyDelete