Tuesday, September 13, 2011

another 1st day!

FINALLY!  Kennedy got to go to school to stay!

For 2 weeks my little tag along has been wishin, and pleadin' and beggin' to go to school.  She was helping me one day get Cole into class and get situated, she had picked up a bag from home and when she walked into Cole's classroom she hung up her bag on a hook, turned around, waved and said "Bye Mom" and off she went to sit at one of the tables.  With a reluctant chuckle, I quickly scooped her up and explained that this wasn't her classroom and that she soon would have her own hook and her own classroom.  She wasn't havin' it.  Big crocodile tears and lots of "but mom"s came wailing out as I literally drug her to the car. 

The night before, she asked me 4 times if I was leaving her. " You are leaving me right mom?" , with those huge blue eyes and her perfect little smile!  "Yes, Kennedy, I am leaving you."  The morning of, "O.K. mom, you are leaving me right?"  Cole protests every morning for me to stay at school with him and here is my little Ms. Independent who can wait to be dropped off by herself!

Once in the classroom , she wasted no time ditching the mama.  Hung her backpack up, a quick kiss and she didn't look back!  I was expecting to stay for a few minutes and kind of walk her around the room and check it out. Nope, she had it all under control!  I came to pick her up and she started crying because it wasn't time for her to leave.  So preschool was a hit! For both of us!


2 comments:

  1. That girl is TOO CUTE. I am dying over her little skirt & tie ... and her smile :) Enjoy your ALONE time during the preschool hours, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kennedy still brightens up my Sunday - she is such a doll - enjoy every minute with her

    ReplyDelete