Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Jake was in charge of the camera, thus the camera got left home. His cell phone doesn't have all that good of a camera (although it should for the price we paid!)  I have tried and tried to rotate this file and I can't. 
 So just tilt your head to the left and watch!



The Christmas season is upon us and to kick start it, we decided to go  downtown to the Christmas tree lightening ceremony.  10 years and we have never been. I often wonder what in the world we have been doing because there are numerous things right here in Boise that we haven't done.  It was freezing cold and snowing and I really did not want to get everyone bundled up for a 10 second event.  I had told my kids that we would go and I was secretly hoping they would forget. Not Kate, that girl doesn't forget much!  With much resistance we loaded up with all of our snow gear and headed downtown.  There were not many people  there so we had a pretty good view. They counted down from 10 and that was it. I looked at Jake and he looked at me and we just busted up laughing.  It really was a 10 second event!  We let the kids wonder around for a bit, make snow angels in the little piles of snow that was  ON THE GROUND!  Yes my child was on the ground in filthy dirty snow making snow angels and loving every minute of it.  We got a bag of kettle corn and danced around to the holiday music.  It was fun and I am glad that we went.  Maybe next year we get there a little earlier and maybe make it a 30 - 40 second event!
Tilt your head again!



No comments:

Post a Comment