Saturday, December 4, 2010

SNOW MUCH SNOW!






They say that weather runs its cycle every10 years. Well it has been 10 years since our really big storm! I distinctly remember 10 years ago.  Kyle was 5 months old. We had lived in Boise for just over 2 years and I was still mad about being here. And then the snow came. And it just kept coming. We had about a 4 foot pile along our drive way. All I kept saying was, you said it didn't snow here , you said it wouldn't last. I just cried and cried.  I did stop crying long enough to get Kyle bundled up and take him outside for a little bit!

10 years later and a much different scene has unfolded.  It snowed and it kept snowing.  6 inches in the valley over just a few days.  No tears this time from the momma and 4 kids later we are loving all this snow!Tuesday it hit a stand still which meant - SNOW DAY!  The kids were ecstatic!  Jake played hooky for a bit to play with the kids.  They had so much fun!  They played and played and played until their toes and fingers were frozen! Jake hooked up the sled to the quad and pulled the neighbor kids around and as I sat there filming my kids have so much fun, a flood of emotions overcame me. Tears welled up in my eyes as I distinctly remembered my dad pulling us around on a "snow day"  We had the big black inner tubes (2 of them -HELLO!) hooked to the back of his yellow and black Yamaha motorcycle!  We thought we would die from laughing so hard!  We used to play in the snow for hours.  We had a huge hill by our house that we would walk up about  50 times only for a 10 second ride down.  But we didn't care, we just keep doing it!  Our family used to be big skiers.  My mom and dad would load us up and take us to the ski resort and just let us go all day.  We would ski for a bit, go to lodge, and ski some more. Oh to be young again, to have the world in your hand AND have a snow day!  The snow is still here almost a week later and although it is quite the job to get 4 kids dressed in snow gear, it has been worth every memory they are making.

1 comment:

  1. I would say "hey why didn't you invite us over" but we both know there is NOOO Way I would have driven on the roads that day!! :) looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete