Saturday, February 13, 2010

I couldn't resist. I just feel like I have to share my amazing couponing trips with everyone. Not that anyone cares, but it makes me feel better to write it down. Gotta give a shout out to Lenny over at Albertsons on Cole Road! As I was standing there feverishly going through my coupons trying to figure out which ones to double (gives you 2x the face value of the coupon i.e. if coupons says $1 off - doubled would be $2 off) because I only had three of these prized possessions. He came up to me and said "Have enough doubler's?" and I said "Of course not, you can never have enough doubler's". "I'll be right back" he said. Comes back with 4 sets of doubler's (3 in each set), so now I have FIFTEEN DOUBLE COUPONS. In coupon world - you're pretty much on cloud 9! Let me break it down for ya' all!

Danimals Crush Cups 3 at $2.69 ea =$8.07 after coupons-.44 cents for ea 4 pk

Orbit gum (3 pack) 3 at $2.79= $8.37 after coupons - .79 cents for ea 3 pk

Rhodes frozen Rolls (12) 2 at $2.89 =$5.78 after coupons - .89 cents ea dozen

All laundry detergent (100 oz). 2 at $10.99 =$21.98 after coupons-$3.99 ea bottle

Kellogg's Rice Krispies (17 oz.) 2 at $4.69 =$9.38 after coupons - .74 cents each

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes 1 at $5.19 same as above

Kellogg's Fruit Loops 2 at $4.79 same as above


Dreyers Ice Cream (gallon) 2 at $6.49 =$12.98 after coupons - $ 2.24 ea


I bought some other stuff not pictured like meat (which was $19.98 of my total) 2 gallons of Dreyers ice cream, 3 paks of 3 Orbit gum and the licorice that I am eating right now! My total bill was $135.04 and I paid $32.62 for all this stuff!


AND I just got my 5 Sunday papers and what ya know, more doubler's- 15 more coupons ! WOOT! WOOT! Go ahead.... say it.... I am a freak. That's ok. I'm a freak who is saving money :)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I totally understand your thrill and I was so into it and then it became so stressful! Read my blog about liberation and tell me if you ever feel like that sometimes. Check out "A Thrifty Mom" if you haven't already because she is big in Albertson's and Target (me) and takes you right to the coupon sites. Do you have a Target close to you? They have their own coupons, plus the manufacturer's and they can have good deals IF you want to take the time! Keep it up. Unfortunately, we have no Albertson's anymore!

    ReplyDelete