Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Something about a clean house..........
this is truly my obsessive compulsive disorder manifesting itself in full light! Seriously, a clean house really does it for me. It is exhilarating to me...sick I know. The smell of cleaning supplies, the vacuum marks in the carpet, the dirt you see on the white rag...okay maybe not that, that kinda tells you how dirty your house really is!!! I can't quite figure it out because it is such a brief moment in time in my life right now. It couldn't be that I am a control freak or my organization compulsion, could it?!# I used to be so good at cleaning my house. Every week it got a good cleaning up and down. Well I am not sure if I am slowing down with old age, finding more excuses to put it off, or just getting lazy. The weekly cleans aren't happening that much anymore. But every time I do manage to pull myself together and get it done I wonder each time why I waited so long to do it again. Its like I don't get it, like I can't remember the high it gives me from the last time I did it. Okay wait, this is starting to sound like a drug addict......maybe I should try drugs. Maybe that could help my situation. Anyhow, I usually start downstairs, do the main living area, the areas people see so they can think I am a good house keeper, then upstairs to the real mess- the rooms. I get to all the bathrooms, all the floors, all the dusting, all the vacuuming EXCEPT my room. What is with the master always being the last to get cleaned. Seriously, I have had this conversation with several people and they say the same thing, the master is that last to get cleaned. It makes me so mad. Seriously, why is that? So I started something different. I cleaned my master FIRST! I did eventually get to everything else in the next two days and there was a brief moment in time (10 mins max) that my WHOLE house was clean. It was so nice to walk from a clean house to a clean bedroom. Why didn't I think of this sooner, duh? So why am I blogging about this you ask. Because I just wanted to blog about something nonsense and leave all the heart felt,life changing stuff to my other blogging friends! So there you have it, my silly OCD moment. Happy cleaning.:)
P.S. So wish the picture was the house I had to clean!

1 comment:

  1. you are CRAZY!! Your house is always clean! PLUS you have little kids!!! how do you ever find time to clean your house with everything else you do!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete