Monday, October 12, 2009


I did it! I made grape juice! I am so excited! I have been really trying to domesticate myself and try to get some sort of food storage going. We have a food storage group at church that I try to go to, but I get so overwhelmed between the cost, the rotating, using it, storing it, that I just gave up and did nothing for a long time. My wonderful friend suggested I start with a 2 year supply. Which has helped tremendously. So I have enough beans, wheat, powder milk and cereal to last my family for 2 years!!!!! I have slowly been trying new things with food storage. Grinding my own wheat, freezing peaches, and now grape juice. It may sound silly to some of you but for me this is a huge accomplishment. When I was little I remember drinking grape juice all the time. But for some reason my kids have never had grape juice! We have always just drank apple juice, oh the money I have spent on apple juice. So they are excited as well to drink the grape juice. I am going to try applesauce next, another thing I spend a lot of money on!

2 comments:

  1. grape juice huh? impressive!! did you buy concord grapes from a vineyard???

    ReplyDelete
  2. got them from an orchard/vineyard not sure what kind they are but they are dark purple super yummy

    ReplyDelete