Monday, September 28, 2009
















Sand Mountain, for those of you who do not know, is in the middle of Nevada (just outside Fallon) or in the middle of no where. It is the Lake Powell of sand goers! And for those of you who know me, know that I HATE sand, unless it is boardering an ocean. So the boys, Kyle, Cole and Jake loaded up the quads, the dirt bikes and the toy hauler (well I loaded the trailer - who are we kidding) and left for a 3 days all boy adventure. Jake meet two of his brothers and some old friends out there. Cole rode his quad from sun up to sun down and even fell asleep on his quad. Kyle stayed busy looking for kangaroo rats!

Kate woke up Friday morning and said "aaahhh, isn't it nice not to have Cole here" and as much as I hated to admit it, it was! Just the girls.... we were going to have a fun (quiet) weekend! While the boys were off getting dirty, which included sand angels, "swimming" in the sand, and rolling down the mountain, the girls dropped by the Woman Celebration in downtown Boise, went to dinner and a movie. Needless to say, both sides, girls and boys had a great weekend full of lots of fun memories. Cole asked me if I would sand camp with him next time because girls can come and he would not let the kangaroo rats get me. I told him I would have to get back to him on that. Maybe next year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun......for the boys! Dinner and a movie....now that's what I'm talking about ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...sounds like fun!!! just think how much more fun it will be when your girls are older and you can do a girls weekend...fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete