Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jake and Tessa






Jake and I met in 6th grade. My family moved from Utah to Sacramento, California and we were in the same ward, lucky guy, got to see me on Sunday and everyday of the school week! Of course he was smitten at first sight! We dated briefly when we were sophomore's, but I changed High Schools and that was pretty much the end of that. We would see each other on and off at church dances and other activities. After college I moved to the Bay Area for a job and unbeknownst to me, so did he. One weekend while in Sacramento my mom and dad ran into him at a restaurant. So the story goes, my mom and dad all but browbeat him into calling me. Which he tried and tried, and tried again. Finally I agreed to meet up with him in Sacramento on a weekend we were both there. We starting dating (again) in October of 1998 and were married in August of 1999. After a year in the Bay, Jake got a job opportunity in Boise, Idaho. He came home to tell me and my response was, ummmm where is Boise, Idaho. Never heard of it and didn't know where it was! Do they have a Nordstrom there? Needless to say we packed up and moved. 9 years later with 4 wonderful children, a great job, and many, many wonderful friends, we absolutely love Boise (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! I can't wait to read all the coley stories!!!! :) cute background!

    ReplyDelete