Friday, March 2, 2012

the 4th

Oh she is just big.  Big, big, big !  I finally relented and took her crib and changing table (that was serving as a dresser) to consignment. She has been sleeping in the crib, that we turned into a toddler bed for 3 almost 4 years.  It was a hot mess taking that over there.  I was consumed with emotion that my baby was no longer a baby, I wasn't having any more babies and the baby I bought the crib for was now 10.  So there I sat in the consignment store, tears slowly making their way to the surface and over the top they came and down my cheeks as the sales lady turned to look at me. Overcome now with embarrassment I quickly said good bye and high tailed it out of there!  I think my husband was about ready to kill me after hauling 2 couches, 2 love seats, a crib, a changing table and now I'm in tears over it!  It took us a little while to find Kennedy a  bed but we did and she is very happy to be in her "big girl" bed.  One good thing, she looks small again in that big ol' bed!

I try  my bestest to write down things my kids say because "I will cherish them one day and miss them being little", Lately the 4th child has been, at the least, "killin" me and not softly but very loudly and obnoxiously.  Like her older sister, who at 3 was EXACTLY the same, I have written proof in her scrapbook.  These girls have the gift of  D R A M A.  How does ones' body literally make so many tears.  And the magnitude and arrival of the tears are amazing.  Giant crocodile tears on demand. No working into it, flood gates open, full blown hysterics, at the snap of a finger.  So in between her frequent crying episodes, she has delivered some pretty hysterical lyrics.  Should I be worried about alter ego, hmmm? Anyhow, here are few of quotes, definitions and or scenarios from the littlest Jones, who isn't so little anymore.

I want to play with my narbles (marbles), where did I put them?

What the heck was that for?

Can we go to USquirrel and get some cake battery ice cream?

Mom,who sings this, Gusher (Usher) or Kelly Carkenson (Clarkson)? (it is one or the other there are no other singers)

Why do you pick these clothes out for me, you make me look ugly. (repeated almost every morning)

Why can't you just take me to the mobies (movies), I will sneak in my own candy.

Kate was laying on her stomach on the floor, Kennedy steps on her to get over her. Kate yells, I glare, Kennedy says : She looked like a rug!

Crying, laughing, but mostly crying. The 4th Jones girl keeps us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment